Real Estate Transactions
- Prepare, review, and revise Buy-Sell Agreements.
- Review easements, covenants, conditions, restrictions, water rights, mineral rights, and ownership.
- Explain title commitments for buyers and sellers.
Document Drafting and Review
- Lease and Rental Agreements
- License Agreements
- Other land use documents
- Water Rights Assessments: Perform in-depth water rights review, resolve ownership questions, and provide a thorough assessment to help you understand what you have and why.
- Water Court Adjudication: Assist water right holders with the statewide adjudication of water rights.
- Administrative Support: Review, prepare, and file water rights paperwork with the appropriate agency to ensure your water rights are properly documented and maintained.
Estate Planning & Probate
- Prepare Wills, Financial Powers of Attorney, and Health Care Powers of Attorney.
- Work with you and your financial team to develop comprehensive estate plans.
- Review, explain, and propose updates to existing estate plans based on life changes.
- Provide guidance and support for Personal Representatives of small estates.
- Prepare court filings and represent estate in probate proceedings.
Agricultural Law & Policy
- Document Drafting: Prepare grazing leases, custom farming agreements, license agreements, and other documents necessary to keep your business in operation.
- Document Review: Review and summarize agency forms, environmental impacts statements (EIS), environmental assessments (EA), and administrative documents.
- Agricultural Policy: Review legislation, explain legal concerns, and develop targeted comments.
Public Land Grazing
- Advise and support ranchers with grazing permits from the United States Forest Service (USFS), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), and State of Montana.
- Assist with grazing permit transfers, renewals, and applications.